Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trifles

In class, I played the Sheriff in the Trifles play. This was a cool experience as I don't do acting scenes very much. I could definitely feel the authority in my veins when I was wearing that plastic badge. I tried doing a country accent and I failed miserably. I was also a terrible actor. This play was about a murder investigation in which a wife is suspected of strangling her husband. Two women find evidence and decide to hide the evidence, allowing the women to be acquitted. I believe the women did this because they had felt sympathy for the wife because she was so unhappy. This was scary and very twisted. Not unusual for Malcolm.



Me: Malcolm, you're no stranger to injustice, tell me what happened here. 
X: Well, just people hiding evidence messing with the system, happens all the time for the black community so they can put us in prison longer. 
Me: I see, do you think things will ever change. 
X: When people treat each other equally and stop sympathizing with their particular group, then things will get better. Until then, there will be no justice. 
Me: Sounds deep 
X: Yea, too complicated for a simpleton like you, Idris

No comments:

Post a Comment