Monday, November 11, 2013

Persepolis Conclusion

   The ending to Persepolis is a very bittersweet one. Marjane is going to have a better opportunity and a second chance at her new school in Austria, but this could mean she will never live with her parents again. This is a sad moment, but we all knew that there was no place for Marjane in Iran anymore and it was time for a new beginning. 
   Much like when Malcolm X went to the pilgrimage and became a peaceful person rather than the cutthroat, "by any means" kind of leader. This was a new beginning for him. Finally, I had a new beginning by coming to De Anza, I had a second shot to do whatever I wanted. What I make of the next few years is entirely up to me. Once again, everyone needs a new beginning, and the end of Persepolis was a new beginning for Marjane Satrapi. Let's hear what Malcolm has to say about this! 

Me:  Malcolm, you know a lot about change and transformation. What do you think?
X: I think that it's important to really find yourself and what needs to be done for you to become a better person and blossom. 
Me: Is that what you did? 
X: I got lucky, my life changed in Prison. I could've gone either way. Luckily, I found myself as a leader rather than the life of a young thug I was living before. 
Me: So you think can your identity can be found in places you never expected? 
X: Exactly Idris, you're starting to catch on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment